How Do You Answer These Questions?
When I was a dieter, I answered these questions completely differently than I do now, with a healthy Thin Mentality.
I. If there is some food left on my plate I
- Really struggle to leave it behind.
- Don’t even notice if I am not hungry anymore.
- Clear the plate so I am not tempted anymore.
II. When I am about to go to bed and am hungry I
- Have a little snack so I feel good and nourished before bed.
- Am happy because maybe I will weigh less in the morning.
- Have a bowl of ice cream because I was bad today anyway.
III. When I know I have to get into a bathing suit in a week I
- Eat only protein and vegetables so I lose weight fast.
- Make sure I have a bathing suit that I like.
- Figure out a way to get out of going.
IV. When I am sick and know I am dehydrated I
- Drink water.
- Drink ginger ale because I usually don’t let myself have that, but since I don’t feel well I let myself.
- Weigh myself to see if I weigh less.
V. When I go to a burrito bar I
- Get a salad because the burrito is fattening
- Get a burrito and add all the great food I love, including sour cream and guac, and save my leftovers for when I am hungry again.
- I don’t go to burrito bars because I always eat too much when I go there.
When I was a dieter, I would answer these questions like this:
With my Healthy Thin Mentality, I answer these questions
Do you see how much better life is with a Healthy Thin Mentality?
Don’t the dieter answers seem sad? But I want you to know this too: I understand that you want to be a nice weight. I know you want to fit into your favorite jeans. What I am trying to tell you, without body shaming anyone, is that your Healthy Thin Mentality will not only make you happier and less stressed around food. It will get you to your best weight.
If I could scream this from the top of a mountain so that all dieters could hear this, I would. Help me scream this message. I can’t afford ads on TV!!