When I was a dieter, I answered these questions completely differently than I do now, with a healthy Thin Mentality.
I. If there is some food left on my plate, I
- Really struggle to leave it behind
- Don’t even notice if I am not hungry anymore
- Clear the plate so I am not tempted anymore
II. When I am about to go to bed and am hungry
- Have a little snack so I feel good and nourished before bed.
- Am happy because maybe I will weigh less in the morning
- Have a bowl of ice cream because I was bad today anyway
III. When I know I have to get into a bathing suit in a week I
- Eat only protein and vegetables so I lose weight fast.
- Make sure I have a bathing suit that I like
- Figure out a way to get out of going
IV. When I am sick and know I am dehydrated I
- Drink water
- Drink ginger ale because I usually don’t let myself have that, but since I don’t feel well I let myself
- Weigh myself to see if I weigh less.
V. When I go to a burrito bar,
- Get a salad because the burrito is fattening
- Get a burrito and add all the great food I love, including sour cream and guac, and save my leftovers for when I am hungry again.
- I don’t go to burrito bars because I always eat too much when I go there.
When I was a dieter, I would answer these questions like this:
With my Healthy Thin Mentality, I answer these questions
Do you see how much better life is with a Healthy Thin Mentality? Don’t the dieter answers seem sad? But I want you to know this too: I understand that you want to be a nice weight. I know you want to fit into your favorite jeans. What I am trying to tell you, without body shaming anyone, is that your Healthy Thin Mentality will not only make you happier and de-stressed around food. It will get you to your best weight.
If I could scream this from the top of a mountain so that all dieters could hear this, I would. Help me scream this message. I can’t afford ads on TV!!
Find out more in my book and workbook.Click here