Go ahead and google- “do diets work” or “diets don’t work” and you will find studies like this:
In case you don’t have time to read it, I pulled out some quotes from the study that you might find alarming:
- “We concluded most of them would have been better off not going on the diet at all.”
- “Diets do not lead to sustained weight loss or health benefits for the majority of people.”
- “Several studies indicate that dieting is actually a consistent predictor of future weight gain,
- “One of the best predictors of weight gain over the four years was having lost weight on a diet at some point during the years before the study started,”
- “83 percent gained back more weight than they had lost.”
- “We asked what evidence is there that dieting works in the long term, and found that the evidence shows the opposite”
This kind of information isn’t “pushed” to you like diet ads. But if you look for it, it is out there.
So ironic, alongside these articles are tons of “diet ads.” Ugh! Be too smart for this.
Find out more in my book and workbook.Click here