close
Why you can’t rely on “popular science” to keep you reliable information regarding diets.

Welcome Forums Diet Myths Why you can’t rely on “popular science” to keep you reliable information regarding diets.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Joyful Joyful 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    admin
    Keymaster
    admin
    admin
    Keymaster

There is always some new “breakthrough.” There is always some new definition of healthful eating. My life is too short to keep track of all of this. With my thin mentality, I trust the only trustworthy expert on my body: me.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

There is always the latest discovery. There is always the latest demonization of some kind of food. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, and maybe constant food angst is a bigger problem than eating something that the scientist of the day says is BAD.
    If something makes you feel bad, don’t eat it. If you don’t want to consume hormones in your milk, then don’t. If you don’t want to eat food that comes to you in plastic with BPA issues, then don’t!
    Common sense, please. Follow your body, your common sense,

Joyful
    Joyful
    Participant

When I look back on the 15 years I spent with Weight Watchers I see that very thing playing out. As they would change the program every year or two they rewarded you (by allowing you to eat more) for some foods and punished you (by charging you more points) for others. Fruit was expensive, then it was free. Meat was more expensive then it was fewer points. My husband used to ask me why they changed the rules so much…it never occurred to me that they didn’t have any reason other than to give me (and many many others) hope that this new latest plan would be THE ONE! I’m so liberated following Meg’s advice and I’m no longer intimidated by something fried or something with sugar in it, etc. thank you Meg!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.