close
Where's the community?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nimix44 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nimix44
    Participant

I just read Meg’s book last week and read about the website/community support but it looks like no one has posted on here in 2 years. Is there another forum or social media app people are using to support each other?

Well maybe someone wants to talk. I am a 50 year old guy, I have lost over 150lbs at least 5 times in my life to only gain it back. I was going to give Weight Watchers a 4th shot when I found one of Meg’s videos on YouTube, I immediately bought her book and workbook. I started applying her principles last week and I actually found that I like the mental challenge of relearning my thought process. It’s so different then a diet where the main challenge was tracking food and watching everything I ate.

I am so out of touch with my body that I’m not sure of what hunger really feels like. I usually have to hit Stage 3 before I notice I need food. It is such a change from 5 meals a day plus snacks that I use to eat. Now if I eat purely based on hunger as I know it I am only eating once every 12-16 hours. I don’t know if that’s because I weight 380lbs so my body has fuel to burn. Really working hard on figuring out Stage 1 & 2 of hunger.

I am only a week in so hopefully as time passes I learn to reconnect with my body. Anyone else feel that way?

Nimix

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.