close
Cravings and preventing overindulging

Welcome Forums Dear Dieter Cravings and preventing overindulging

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  skimba 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

skimba
    Participant

Hi! I’m l new to your site. I have read your book and have the workbook and the plan makes so much sense to me! I have tried a few times to start implementing it but have fallen short quickly.

I am currently nursing my 8 month old son, who is my third child. When I am nursing, I have crazy craving for sweets, and lots of them. It gets to the point where I end up giving in and endulging after a few days of trying to avoid or eat less sweets, and then it seems like I have a hard time stopping. I feel out of control and I hate that feeling. Also, I am constantly in a sleep deprived state because of the baby which I’m sure isn’t helping matters at all.

My question is this: how do crazy cravings like this fit into this new eating lifestyle? I understand that I should stop eating when I am full, but I could eat three or four chocolate chip cookies and still not feel totally full. I would feel guilty, but would likely not have any terrible physical symptom that would deter me from doing this in the future. Meanwhile, I should not be eating three or four chocolate chip cookies. If I knew how to ignore or moderate the craving I feel like I wouldn’t be in this boat in the first place. I’ve always struggled with eating small amounts of indulgent things when a lot are available to me, and it’s hard to imagine me being able to do this. I’m at the point where I feel like I don’t know how to start. I really don’t want to go back to dieting, but setting boundaries for myself is the only thing that has ever worked even short term, but I will be the first to admit that that doesn’t work long-term. I would welcome any advice! Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.